Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I'm too good!!!

I made my oldest son sooooo happy today! I am proud of me. But I guess I better suck up the love now, because Dada's probably gonna get pissed when he gets here---too bad, it's out of my money. *shrugs* What in the world are you talking about, you ask? Last night when I was tucking my biggest boy in bed he said with a sigh, "Mommy, I wish I had a bunkbed."
"Why's that sweetie?", I asked.
To which he replied, "I can hang on hang on it and it would be cool."
So like they say, when it's meant to be, the opportunity presents itself. When I walked in the door to the thrift store, to find myself some jeans, I had to go down a hall where they store "new" things, to go to the restroom and I noticed a bunkbed. It wasn't priced yet, so the clerk said she'd find out and I went on with my shopping. I was in the mist of trying on a dozen pairs of jeans to find one that would fit, when she came to tell me what's up. $30. That's it. This is a nice set maybe from the 70's--with a built in dresser and shelves and a secret hiding place (a closet), all solid wood, even came with mattresses (which I will be replacing with my newer ones I already have). I was giddy with excitement to make him so happy and he really was impressed. I love to give my kids what they want. And hey, we will need another bed when Jason leaves his crib anyways.

Yay Me!

5 Comments:

Blogger KOM cried out...

Truly, yeah you!

BTW, good to see you back. We've been missing you.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 cried out...

You're back!!

Don't leave like that again, you scared me.
I kept bugging Kaci about you, I think she was getting sick of me asking so for love of my on head being attached to my body I stopped.

Glad you're back. :)

5:10 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 cried out...

Oops, was I not supposed to come here?

Ok, that's cool, I can respect privacy.

See ya 'round Queeny!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Daydream Queen cried out...

AHHHH!! The secret's out! Oh, well *shrugs*, I guess I just can't stop ya'll from loving me. Just watch out--I have a nosy SIL who likes to tell people I have internet boyfriends if any men post on my blog. And yes--like dummy I slipped up and gave her the addy so I would have to retype what's going on with my son. But I'm not saying not to post--bring it on--she can just go on talking!

2:46 PM  
Blogger KOM cried out...

Just to be clear, you had commented on Kaci's - I just clicked on your comment and followed the link back.

I've got someone checking ID's at the door, so you shouldn't have too many problems.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home