Saturday, October 08, 2005

Potter Fever...

Ok, shame on me for putting off reading Harry Potter for so long, but now I'm almost wishing I would have waited another year so that I could have read them all. I finished book six today and I have to say that I felt a profound sadness and sense of loss that I don't get to find out what happens to poor Harry for at least another year. I was very surprised with the ending and felt such a feeling of uncertainty not knowing what really happened. Poor Harry! All these weight-of-the-world problems on his young seventeen year old head! I feel as though I know this boy and his hard, dark life. I just want him to be happy. I wish he was real so I could join the fight and save the world with him. Hahaha. I always did feel like there was something out there, peeking at me from behind that tree in the forest. Maybe there is. Before you know it, I'll be running off to join the church of the fantasy believers. Well, maybe not that far. But I have found the series thus far to be progressively more mature, both in content and Rowling's written structure. As she's learned to hone her skills, the books become less-childlike and more suited for all. I wish I could wake up tomorrow and it be the day book 7 comes out. And God forbid Rowling should kick it this year before it's finished. I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Time for me to catch up on the sleep I've missed out on with 3 nights of late night reading of books 5 and 6. I seem to have developed a strange "frog" tick in my left eye and my butt has grown quite stagnant. Hopefully some beauty sleep will help.

Don't let the bedbugs bite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home